Monday 14 May 2012

MS - The Early Years

When i was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in August 2007, i was completely devastated.  I was 28 years old and in my prime until suddenly I was hit with this nuclear bomb.  The previous 12 months were the hardest of my life and the next 12 months post diagnosis proved equally as difficult.

So many questions and just no answers is an extremely difficult position to find yourself in.  MS is one of those conditions whereby no 2 people are the same and there is a real lack of information around as to how it effects you and what the long term prognosis may be.

What i know now is YOU CAN BEAT MS.  I am beating it and many many more people all over the world are winning their battles.  One important point to note is the MS'er who runs the marathons and reaches the mountain peak is no better or braver than the MS'er who walks 10 metres on a cane one day when he couldnt do it the day before.  Any progress is great news and i would encourage all MS'ers or anyone who knows somone effected to get them to find people who have beat the condition and use them as an inspiration to help you with your fight. 

When I found out about Montel Williams and how he was fighting back to win the battle I immediatly had a spring in my step and starterd to plan my fightback.  I then came across other people with the disease who were equally as brave and equally as successful in winning the battle.

Its important that you kepe fighting as every day brings a new opportunityy.  Last week i was on the ropes for a few days as my symptoms decided to mess with my body but this week i have TKO'd the MS and am back winninng the battle. 

You do not drown if you fall in water, you only drown if you stay there...

and remember........... #AttitudeIsEverything and #NeverGiveUp

No comments:

Post a Comment